Duolin Inhaler - 70mcg
|USA Brand Name||Combivent|
|Generic Name||Levosalbutamol (50mcg), Ipratropium (20mcg)|
What is Duolin Inhaler
Duolin Inhaler is used for the treatment of Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease (COPD).
This inhaler consists of two medications, Levosalbutamol and Ipratropium Bromide.
It helps manage and relieve the symptoms like coughing, shortness of breath, or wheezing (whistling sound while breathing)
This medication requires a valid prescription from a doctor.
Cipla Ltd. is a leading pharmaceutical company that manufactures Duolin inhalers 70mcg.
Duolin Inhaler uses
Levosalbutamol and Ipratropium are the two main active ingredients that control Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease (COPD).
COPD is a condition that blocks the lungs' airways which can cause coughing, wheezing, and shortness of breath.
It is associated with a cough that may generate mucus, wheezing, chest tightness, breathing strain, etc.
COPD is an umbrella term for Chronic Bronchitis (inflammation of the airways leading to the lungs) and Emphysema (damage to the air sacs in the lungs).
Working of Duolin Inhaler
Duolin Inhaler 70mcg has two active ingredients, i.e., Levosalbutamol (50mcg) and Ipratropium Bromide (20mg).
Levosalbutamol and Ipratropium Bromide belong to the class of Bronchodilators.
Bronchodilators are inhaled medications that dilate the bronchial tubes (airways) in the lungs.
Thus, relaxing and opening the lungs' airways to facilitate breathing.
Always uses the inhaler as your doctor prescribes.
How to use Duolin Inhaler
- Before usage, shake the inhaler well
- Inhale via the mouth and press the inhaler once to release the medication
- Attempt to hold your breath for approximately 10 seconds
- Repeat the inhaling process until you have taken the number of puffs recommended by your physician
- Rinse your mouth with lukewarm water to prevent mouth infections
- You should use your inhaler as prescribed. However, if you missed a dosage, take it as soon as you remember
- If it is time for the next dose, you should skip the missed dose
- Do not take two doses simultaneously
Consult your doctor immediately if you have overdosed on this medication.
Duolin comes in various forms or strengths.
Duolin Inhaler side effects
The use of a Duolin Inhaler of 70mcg may have adverse effects.
However, if you stick to your doctor's recommendations, you can avoid them.
Talk to your doctor to know all the potential interactions.
Inform your physician if you are now taking or have recently taken any of the following medications.
Some diseases that may interact with Levosalbutamol and Ipratropium are:
- Anticholinergic effects
- Renal/liver disease
Consider the following precautions before using this medication.
- Inform your physician if you are allergic to Levosalbutamol or Ipratropium
- Do not exceed the recommended dosage of Duolin Inhaler since doing so may result in severe heart or lung difficulties
- Due to the potential for Duolin Inhaler to induce low potassium levels in the blood, regular potassium monitoring is advised while using this medication
- Inform your doctor before taking Duolin Inhaler if you have high blood pressure, Diabetes, epilepsy (fits), an enlarged prostate, Glaucoma, Thyroid, heart problems, or urinary problems
- You should be aware that it can cause wheezing and breathing difficulties shortly after inhalation. If this occurs, contact your doctor immediately
- Keep it at room temperature and away from the sun and moisture
- Keep medicines away from children and pets