Like the skin, your lips, too, deserve a little extra love and care, especially in winter.
Lips are too sensitive and can quickly get cracked or chapped.
Because your lips don't have oil glands, the skin there is thinner and more sensitive than the skin on the rest of your body.
Due to this, they might get dry and chapped. Your lips are more exposed to the weather than the rest of your body.
The sun, dry air, and cold weather can all cause chapped lips.
The medical term for chapped lips is Cheilitis, which an allergen or a medical condition can cause.
What causes chapped lips?
Numerous factors can cause chapped lips, like:
- Hot or dry weather
- Licking your lips all the time
- Having allergies, a thyroid disorder, or some autoimmune diseases, or having a bad reaction to a medicine
- Vitamin deficiency (Iron, vitamin B)
What are the symptoms of chapped lips?
Some of the signs of chapped lips are:
- Lips that are dry or flaky
- Cracking skin
- Peeling skin
- Mild pain
- Sores on the lips and mouth
Do chapped lips hurt?
When your lips are chapped, they become dry and tight, which can be very painful.
If your lips are extremely chapped and experiencing skin peeling, then they may sting when you eat any citrus fruits, spicy foods, and salty foods.
How to heal chapped lips?
To heal the chapped lips, you must do a proper lip care routine which includes the following:
- Stay hydrated
- Putting on lip balm as needed all-day
- Putting on SPF lip balm before going outside to protect them from sunburn
- Exfoliate your lips gently twice a week
- Avoiding licking, picking, or biting your lips
Why include lip balms in your lip care routine?
Here are some reasons why you should include lip balms in your lip care routine:
- Lip balms ensure quick healing from dry and chapped lips
- It makes your lips appear more supple
- Lip balm with SPF helps protect your lips from harmful sun rays
- It allows you to enjoy a perfect lipstick application
This Lip Care section of the Dr RxPharmacy contains various lip balms to cater to your needs.
We are a website where you can get medicines related to every health issue, such as cancer medications, Erectile Dysfunction medications, Asthma medicines, infections, immunity boosters, and many other health issues.
Our online pharmacy attempts to deliver the greatest healthcare services to people throughout the world.
Worldwide, we sell both generic and brand-name pharmaceuticals. We offer a broad selection of lip care at reasonable prices, keeping in mind the affordability element.
At this one convenient place, you can acquire all other prescription-based and nonprescription-based medications.
We are the most reliable and trustworthy online pharmacy and offer unparalleled customer service.