The Blue Pill (Sildenafil)
The Blue Pill are those medicines that contain sildenafil citrate as their generic salt. The chemical; Sildenafil Citrate or just Sildenafil is a type of Phosphodiesterase 5 (PDE5) inhibitors drugs that directly regulates the enzyme present in penis responsible for the stimulation of erection.
Sildenafil Citrate is a Food and Drug Administration(FDA), U.S approved medicine in higher daily doses for people with severe erectile dysfunction and lung disease, such as pulmonary hypertension.
In short, erectile dysfunction is no longer a strictly situational problem in need of on-demand treatment. Instead, it is a chronic condition that can be managed through routine-dose pharmacotherapy.
The blue pill directly works on the enzyme that stimulates erection by increasing the flow of blood through the penile region. It is recommended to consume the drug 30-60 minutes before the sexual intercourse. The medicine may cause side effects only if you do not follow the guidelines.
Use Of Sildenafil Citrate(The Blue Pill)
Erectile dysfunction: It is a condition in which a man fails to attain enough firm erection in order to perform sexual intercourse. The blue pill helps treat such common dysfunction in men by a good long-lasting erection during sexual intercourse.
The medicine works in two ways, firstly it regulates the enzyme responsible for making the penis, increasing the erection timing. Secondly, it increases the flow of blood, providing a more firm erection.
This dual effect of medicine makes it more effective in treating erectile dysfunction.
Drugs To Be Avoided With The Blue Pill
The products that show interactions with Sildenafil CItrate and should be avoided are:-
- Alpha-blocker drugs(Doxazosin, tamsulosin)
- Azole antifungals(Itraconazole, ketoconazole)
- Macrolide antibiotics(Clarithromycin, erythromycin)
- HIV protease inhibitors(ritonavir, saquinavir)
- Hepatitis C virus protease inhibitors(ritonavir, saquinavir)
- Propatyl Nitrate
- Pentaerythritol Tetranitrate
- If you are using other drugs, check it with the list of interacting medicines before consuming it.
- People with pulmonary arterial hypertension and consuming the blue pill should perform regular blood pressure check-up as the dose may alter their condition.
- Tell your doctor about your recent medical history, especially if you ever had any heart disease.
- Please do not take more than one dosage of the medicine within 24 hours in order to avoid side effects
Items 1-12 of 141