Zinetac - 150mg
|USA Brand Name||Zantac|
What is Zinetac
Zinetac 150 mg containing Ranitidine treats and prevents stomach and intestinal ulcers.
Additionally, it is utilized to reduce stomach acid production.
This medicine treats Acid Reflux, indigestion, and other conditions caused by excess stomach acid.
Zinetac is a prescription-only drug that is only prescribed to those with diagnosed medical issues.
GlaxoSmithKline, a renowned pharmaceutical company, manufactures Zinetac 150 mg.
Zinetac 150 mg tablet uses
It is prescribed to treat ulcers, Gastroesophageal Reflux Disease (Acid reflux), and Zollinger-Ellison syndrome.
Ulcers are defined as lesions on the stomach or small intestine lining.
Stomach ulcers are known as Gastric ulcers.
Duodenal ulcers are a type of intestinal ulcer.
Zinetac 150 mg tablet is an effective ulcer treatment.
Gastroesophageal Reflux Disease (GERD)
GERD is a chronic condition. It occurs when a muscle above the stomach relaxes too much, enabling stomach contents to rise into the esophagus and mouth.
It causes heartburn and damage to the Esophagus (food pipe).
It occurs when the stomach produces an excessive amount of acid.
This medication effectively treats Zollinger-Ellison syndrome.
How does Zinetac work?
Ranitidine is the active ingredient which is a Histamine H2 receptor blocker.
It decreases the amount of stomach acid produced.
Histamine is the chemical that induces the secretion of stomach acid by parietal cells.
Ranitidine inhibits the effect of Histamine on Histamine H2-receptors on the parietal cells that line the stomach.
This prevents the stomach from producing excessive acid.
Always adhere to your doctor's suggestions.
How to take Zinetac 150 mg tablet
- Take it for as long as your doctor tells you to. If you don't, it could lead to serious problems
- Swallow it as a whole. Do not chew, break, or crush it
- There are different doses based on age, health, and how well the treatment works
- Take the dose you forgot as soon as you remember
- Don't take the dose you missed if your next dose is almost due
- Don't try to compensate for a missed dose by taking two tablets at the same time
In case of an overdose, immediately call and consult the doctor.
Strengths and Substitutes of Zinetac
Zinetac 150 come in different strength and forms, such as:
Substitutes of Zinetac 150
Zinetac tablet side effects
Side effects of the medicine include:
- Mental confusion (Rare)
- Stomach pain
- Difficulty in breathing (Rare)
Zinetac might interact with specific medicines, diseases, and food items.
Avoid taking Zinetac with the medicines mentioned below:
It is best to tell your doctor about all of your health problems. Ranitidine could make some diseases worse.
If you have any of the following diseases, don't take Zinetac.
- Gut bleeding
- Renal dysfunction
- Liver illness
- Avoid alcohol because it can make your condition worse
- Avoid drinks and foods with citrus flavors because they can irritate the stomach and make the stomach produce more acid
Consider some contraindications before taking this medication.
- Patients who are allergic to Ranitidine or any of the inactive ingredients in this medicine should not take it
- It is not recommended that women who are pregnant take this medicine unless absolutely necessary
- This medicine may make it more likely that you will get Pneumonia. Tell your doctor if you have chest pain, fever, trouble breathing, or mucus that is green or yellow when you cough
- Due to the higher risk of serious side effects, it is not a good idea to use nicotine while taking this medicine
- If this medicine is taken for a long time, it may make it difficult for the body to absorb vitamin B-12
- Store this medicine intact in a cool and dry space
- Keep it away from the reach of pets and children