Syndopa Plus - 125mg
|USA Brand Name||Sinemet|
|Generic Name||Carbidopa Levodopa|
|Manufacturer||Sun Pharma Laboratories, India|
What is Syndopa Plus
Syndopa Plus 125mg contains two medicines, Levodopa (100 mg) and Carbidopa (25mg).
It is a treatment for Parkinson's disease (a disorder that affects the nervous system).
This medication effectively treats Parkinson's disease symptoms, including tremors, muscle stiffness, difficulty moving, decreased balance, and coordination.
It is an FDA-approved prescription medication that is prescribed only to people with known medical conditions.
Tab Syndopa Plus 125 mg is manufactured by the renowned pharmaceutical company Sun Pharma Laboratories.
Syndopa Plus 125 uses
Syndopa 125 efficiently improves Parkinson's disease symptoms.
Parkinson's disease is a progressive disorder of the neurological system and nerve-controlled tissues.
It causes the gradual loss of muscle control and causes involuntary motions.
This disease is characterized by tremors, movement slowing, slurred speech, rigid muscles, loss of automatic movements, loss of coordination, etc.
The initial occurrence of Parkinson's disease is mild but worsens over time.
How does Syndopa Plus work
Parkinson's disease affects the nerve cells (neurons) in the Substantia Nigra area of the brain.
Normally, these cells make Dopamine, a neurotransmitter that sends signals from one part of the brain to another.
When functioning normally, it coordinates smooth and balanced muscle movement.
Parkinson's disease causes the death of nerve cells that produce Dopamine and affects the body's movement.
Syndopa Plus 125mg combines two medicines, Levodopa (100 mg) and Carbidopa(25mg).
Levodopa converts to Dopamine in the brain, which helps to regulate movement.
Carbidopa inhibits Levodopa's breakdown in the bloodstream, allowing more Levodopa to enter the brain. It can also reduce specific side effects of Levodopa, such as Nausea and Vomiting.
Syndopa Plus Dosage
Always adhere to your doctor's recommendations.
How to take Syndopa 125mg tablet
- Take this medicine by mouth as your doctor directs, usually three to four times a day
- Unless your doctor tells you otherwise, you should avoid a high-protein diet while you are being treated. This is because a high-protein diet limits how much Levodopa your body can absorb
- Your doctor may tell you to start with a low dose of this medicine and slowly increase it to avoid side effects
- Use this medicine regularly to get the most out of it
- Take medicine as a whole. Don't break, chew, or grind the tablet
- As soon as you recall, take the missed dose
- If your next dose is approaching, skip the missed dose
- Do not take two doses to compensate for a missed one
In case of an overdose, immediately call and consult the doctor.
Strengths and Substitutes of Syndopa Plus
Syndopa Plus is available in different strengths and forms, which include:
Substitutes of Syndopa
Syndopa Plus side effects
Syndopa CR 250 is a safe medicine if used as advised by a physician.
However, some patients may experience the following side effects:
- Dry mouth
- Abnormal dreams
- Stomach pain
- Uncontrolled body movements
- Trouble sleeping
- Loss of appetite
- Nausea and vomiting
- Urine or sweat turns dark
This medicine may interact with certain diseases, medicines, and food.
Syndopa Plus is known to interact with several medications occasionally, including:
- Antipsychotic medicines (Thioridazine)
- Medicines to treat high blood pressure (Methyldopa)
- MAO inhibitors (Moclobemide, Safinamide)
It may interact with conditions such as:
- Cardiac disease
- Reactive airway disease
- Neuroleptic malignant syndrome
Adhere to some warnings while taking Syndopa Plus.
- Inform your doctor if you're allergic to Carbidopa or Levodopa
- Due to the increased risk of drowsiness, caution should be taken when taking tab Syndopa Plus 125 mg
- It can also induce sleepiness during daily activities. Avoid engaging in activities requiring focus, such as driving or operating heavy machinery
- If you have liver disease and your liver isn't functioning normally, this medication may accumulate and cause toxicity
- Use during pregnancy only when necessary. Discuss benefits and hazards with your physician
- Levodopa enters breast milk at low concentrations and may influence milk production. Before nursing, see your physician
- Store this medicine intact in a cool and dry space
- Keep it away from the reach of pets and children