Retino AC Gel - 0.025%+1% (15gm)
|USA Brand Name||Velac|
|Generic Name||Clindamycin & Tretinoin|
|Manufacturer||Johnson & Johnson, India|
What is Retino AC Gel
Retino AC Gel is a mixture of two medications used to treat acne.
Tretinoin and Clindamycin are the two active ingredients in this gel.
It helps reduce the amount and severity of acne, pimples and promotes faster healing.
This gel is a prescription-based medication that is prescribed only to people with known medical conditions.
Johnson & Johnson is the leading manufacturer of Retino AC Gel.
Uses of Retino AC Gel
Retino gel is prescribed to people for the treatment of acne.
Acne (often known as pimples) is a skin condition caused by the clogging of hair follicles with oil and dead skin cells.
Acne is treated by lowering the excessive oil production in the skin.
Working of Retino AC Gel
Retino Gel contains Tretinoin (0.025 %) + Clindamycin (1 %).
Tretinoin belongs to a medicinal class called Retinoids.
It normalizes the growth of skin cells and promotes the exfoliation of cells that block hair follicles.
This prevents sebum accumulation and the development of acne.
Clindamycin belongs to a category of antibiotics.
It inhibits the production of proteins essential for bacterial development, hence inhibiting bacterial growth and multiplication.
Together they reduce oil production and eliminate acne-causing germs.
Hence, preventing the formation of spots or pimples.
This gel typically takes a few weeks to have a noticeable effect, so continue using it.
Always adhere to your doctor's suggestions.
How to use Retino AC Gel
- Wash your hands with soap and water before and after the use of this medication
- Before applying this medication, thoroughly cleanse your face with warm water and light soap, then pat it dry
- Gently apply enough gel to cover the affected regions lightly, then rub it in
- A grain-sized amount is sufficient to cover the entire face
- You should not wash your face more than twice or three times every day
- Apply only to the affected area
- If you miss a dose of this medication, apply it immediately
- If it is time for your next dose, then you should skip the missing dose and resume your regular dosing plan
Substitutes of Retino AC Gel
Various substitutes of Retino AC Gel which contains Tretinoin, Clindamycin, or both, are:
- A Ret Gel - 0.1%
- A Ret Gel - 0.025%
- Acnelak CL Z Cream - 15gm Gel
- Acnesol Gel - 1%
- Erytop - 1% Gel
- Clindac A - 15gm
- Retino A Cream - 0.05%
- Retino A Cream - 0.025%
- Erytop Lotion
- Erytop A Gel
- Acnesol A Nano Gel
- Supatret C Aqueous Gel
- Supatret Gel .1%
Retino AC Gel side effects
Retino is a safe medicine if used as advised by a dermatologist.
However, some patients may experience some side effects.
- Dryness and peeling of the skin
- Flushing of the skin
- Changes in skin color (rare)
- Unusually warm skin
- Watery or bloody Diarrhea (rare)
This topical gel may interact with certain diseases and medicines.
Retino Ac (Gel) is known to interact with several medications occasionally, including:
It may interact with conditions such as:
- Colitis caused by antibiotics
- Ulcerative colitis
- Crohn's disease
Adhere to some warnings while using Retino AC.
- Stop using this medication immediately and contact your doctor if you have severe or bloody Diarrhea
- This medication may increase your skin's sensitivity to sunlight, wind, and cold. Use sunscreen when outside. Do not use sunlamps or tanning beds
- This medication may cause skin responses such as dryness, redness, peeling, burning, or stinging
- Stop using this medication immediately and contact your doctor if your skin gets extremely red, swollen, blistered, or crusted
- This medication may potentially induce a temporary skin color change (lighter or darker). Consult your physician if this causes you to worry
- Inform your doctor if you plan to undergo surgery before taking this medication. This medication may alter the effectiveness of certain anesthetics (medicines used during surgery to numb the patient)
- Do not apply any additional medications to the treated skin without first consulting your doctor
- Avoid using skin care products that can cause dryness or irritation. These items include harsh skin cleansers, soaps, and those containing alcohol, or lime
- Store this medicine intact in a cool and dry space
- Keep it away from the reach of pets and children
Frequently Asked Questions(FAQ)
What is Retino AC Gel used for?
Retino AC Gel is a medication that helps treat acne by lowering the excessive oil in the skin that causes acne.
This also eliminates acne-causing germs and prevents the formation of spots and pimples.
Can I use Retino AC Gel daily?
How long does Retino AC Gel take to work?
It typically takes a few weeks to show effects, so continue using it.
Occasionally, acne may worsen before it improves, but with good treatment, your skin will become clearer.