Ipravent Rotacaps - 40mcg
|USA Brand Name||Atrovent|
|Generic Name||Ipratropium Bromide|
What is Ipravent Rotacap
Ipravent Rotacaps contains the active ingredient Ipratropium Bromide.
It controls and prevents wheezing, shortness of breath, coughing, and chest tightness in patients with Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease (COPD).
This medication requires a valid prescription from a doctor.
Cipla Ltd. is a leading pharmaceutical company that manufactures Ipravent Rotacaps 40mcg.
Ipravent Rotacap uses
Ipratropium Bromide, the main ingredient of Ipravent Rotacaps, which controls Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease (COPD).
It is a lung disease that makes breathing hard and worsens over time.
COPD is the umbrella term for Chronic Bronchitis (inflammation of the airways leading to the lungs) and Emphysema (damage to the air sacs in the lungs).
It is associated with a cough that may generate mucus, wheezing, chest tightness, breathing strain, etc.
Working of Ipravent Rotacap
Ipravent Rotacaps contains Ipratropium Bromide which is a member of the Bronchodilator class of medications.
Bronchodilators are inhaled medications that widen the bronchial tubes (air channels) in the lungs.
Ipratropium functions by relaxing and opening the airways to the lungs to facilitate breathing.
Hence, helping in managing the symptoms of COPD.
Ipravent Respules also contain the same ingredient and work similarly for the same condition (COPD).
Use Ipravent exactly as suggested by your doctor. These quick tips might be helpful for you.
How to use Ipravent Rotacaps
- Your doctor will choose the dosage and duration of your medicine based on the severity of your illness
- Inhale this medicine orally as prescribed by your doctor. Generally, twice daily is suggested
- Even when asymptomatic, use this medication consistently for the maximum effect
- Rinse your mouth with water after every use to prevent mouth and throat infections
- If you forget to use this medicine, take the missed dose as soon as you remember
- Skip the missed dose if the next scheduled dose is approaching. Do not take two doses at once
Never exceed the recommended dosage. In the event of an overdose, call your doctor immediately.
Ipravent Rotacap side effects
The use of Ipravent Rotacaps 40mcg may have adverse effects.
However, if you stick to your doctor's recommendations, you can avoid them.
- Difficulty swallowing
- Chest pain
- Dry mouth
- Difficulty urinating
Talk to your doctor to know all the potential interactions.
Inform your doctor if you are now taking or have recently taken any of the medications listed below.
Some diseases that may interact with Ipratropium are:
- Anticholinergic effects
- Renal/liver disease
Consider the following precautions before using this medication.
- Inform your physician if you are allergic to Ipratropium
- If you are taking other inhaled medications, ask your doctor if you should take them before or after Ipratropium inhalation
- Inform your doctor if you have Glaucoma, urinary issues, or a prostate condition or if you have ever had any of these
- If you are scheduled to have surgery, including dental surgery, inform your doctor or dentist that you are taking Ipratropium
- You should be aware that Ipratropium inhalation can cause wheezing and breathing difficulties shortly after inhalation. If this occurs, contact your doctor immediately
- Keep it at room temperature and away from the sun and moisture
- Keep medicines away from children and pets