Amantrel - 100mg
|USA Brand Name||Symmetral|
|Generic Name||Amantadine Hcl|
|Manufacturer|| Cipla, India
What is Amantrel?
Amantrel tablet containing Amantadine treats Parkinson's disease symptoms such as tremors, etc.
It is also used to treat movement disorders, a side effect of certain medications used to treat Parkinson's disease.
This prescription-based medication is prescribed only to people with known medical conditions.
Cipla Ltd. is a renowned manufacturer that manufactures Amantrel 100mg tablets.
Amantrel 100mg uses
It is prescribed to treat the symptoms of Parkinson's disease.
Parkinson's disease is a progressive condition of nerve-controlled tissues and the nervous system.
It results in the gradual loss of muscle control and involuntary movements.
This disease is characterized by tremors, slow movement, slurred speech, tight muscles, loss of automatic motions, coordination problems, etc.
Parkinson's disease begins mildly but progressively worsens over time.
Amantadine, the main ingredient, is also used as an antiviral medicine. It treats or prevents influenza A in adults and children.
How does Amantrel work?
Amantrel contains an active ingredient known as Amantadine.
Amantadine belongs to the class of medicine known as Adamantanes.
It is believed to control movement disorders by increasing Dopamine levels in specific body regions.
Dopamine is a neurotransmitter that sends signals from one part of the brain to another.
When functioning normally, it coordinates smooth and balanced muscle movement.
Parkinson's disease causes the death of nerve cells that produce Dopamine and affects the body's movement.
Thus, 100 mg of Amantrel increases Dopamine levels which helps to regulate movement.
Always adhere to your doctor's recommendations.
How to take Amantrel 100mg
- Take this medicine by mouth as your doctor directs, usually three to four times a day
- Do not take it longer than recommended
- Your doctor may advise you to start with a low dose and gradually raise it to prevent negative effects
- Utilize this medication routinely to obtain the best results
- Take medication as prescribed. Avoid chewing, crushing, or breaking the tablet
- As soon as you remember, take the missed dose
- If your next dose is due already, skip the missed dose
- Do not take two doses simultaneously to compensate for a missed one
In case of an overdose, immediately call and talk to the doctor.
Amantrel 100mg side effects
100mg of Amantrel is a safe medication when used as prescribed by a doctor.
Nevertheless, certain patients may have the following adverse effects:
- Bladder pain
- Blurred vision
- Bloody or cloudy urine
- Difficult or burning urination
- Mental Depression
- Trouble breathing
- Trouble sleeping
- Muscle spasm
This medicine may interact with certain diseases, medicines, and food.
Amantadine is known to interact with specific medications occasionally, including:
- Influenza virus vaccine, h1n1, live
It may interact with conditions such as:
- Renal Dysfunction
- Seizure disorders
Follow some warnings while taking 100 mg of Amantrel.
- If you got the nasal flu shot in the last 14 days, you shouldn't take Amantadine
- Avoid driving and other activities that need you to be attentive or have clear vision until you know how this medication affects you
- If you have been sitting or lying down, rise gently to reduce the risk of dizziness or fainting. Be careful going up and down stairs
- People on Amantadine have developed heat stroke. Be cautious during warm weather and physical activities
- If you have kidney problems, consult your physician. Your dosage may need to be adjusted depending on how well your kidneys function
- Do not discontinue Amantadine without first consulting your doctor. You may be at increased risk for adverse consequences
- Store this medicine intact in a cool and dry space
- Keep it away from the reach of pets and children