Alevo 750 mg Tablet
|USA Brand Name||Levaquin|
|Manufacturer||Alkem Laboratories, India|
What is Alevo 750?
Alevo is an antibiotic medicine that helps in the treatment of bacterial infections in the body. Levofloxacin is the chemical present in Alevo as its generic component, and here it has a strength of 750mg.
Alkem Laboratories Ltd manufactures Alevo(Levofloxacin) 750mg. It is also effective in treating certain medical complications related to the lungs, urinary tract, eyes, and others. It cures bacteria, which helps to improve your symptoms and cure the infection.
Alevo 750mg also treats severe acne conditions. Consume the medicine either 1 before the meal or 2 hours after your meal. You need to consume the drug regularly at evenly spaced intervals according to the doctor’s prescription.
Alevo 750mg dose depends on the severity and the type of unhealthy complication to be treated. Remember always to complete the full course of this antibiotic as prescribed by your doctor. In case you didn’t complete the course of the medicine as prescribed, some bacteria may survive, and the infection may come back.
Common side effects have been noticed with this medicine, such as vomiting, nausea, and diarrhea. These side effects are usually temporary and subside with the completion of treatment. Inform the doctor in case you find these side effects last for long or even after the end of the treatment.
Tell the doctor about your medical history, especially in case you have an allergy to any antibiotic before taking this medicine. Pregnant or breastfeeding women need to consult the doctor before consuming it. It may result in blurry vision or make you feel sleepy and dizzy. Avoid driving if you experience these symptoms.
When Should I Take Alevo 750?
Alevo 750mg helps in the treatment of;
Bacterial infections: It includes urinary tract infections, intestinal infections, respiratory infections, eye infections, gum disease, acne.
Such bacterial infections occur due to bacteria, which can survive in any environment, such as extreme hot and cold conditions. Millions of bacteria are present around us, including our body and inside it.
Bacteria can be both harmful and helpful to humans. Only a few bacteria cause harm. Many of them are beneficial, such as those involved in immunity, digestion, and production of antibiotics and food products.
Who Manufacturers Alevo 750 Mg?
Alkem Laboratories Ltd is a renowned manufacturer of pharmaceutical formulations, manufactures Alevo(Levofloxacin) 750mg. It also manufactures medical products, such as Tablets, Capsules, Ointments, Syrups, Eye/Ear Drops, Injections(Dry & Liquid).
Strengths Of Alevo 750 Mg
The term strength of the medicine means the amount of chemical element present in the unit dose of the medicine. Therefore, the strength of Alevo is 750mg, which means one tablet of Alevo contains 750mg of Levofloxacin.
The medicine is also available in other strengths, such as:-
- Alevo 250mg Tablet
- Alevo 750mg Tablet
- Alevo 500mg Tablet
- Tri Alevo 500mg Tablet
- Tri Alevo 250mg Tablet
- Alevo CP 200mg/250mg Tablet
Do not change the strength of the medicine without consulting the doctor, else it can lead to unhealthy conditions.
What Are The Side Effects Of Levofloxacin Capsules 750mg?
Along with its beneficial effects, Alevo(Levofloxacin) may also result in some severe side effects. In fact, not all of these side effects may occur, but few may need medical attention.
Please consult with the doctor immediately in case you face any of the following side effects while taking it.
More Common Side Effects
Rare Side Effects
- Redness and swelling of the skin
- Seeing, hearing, or feeling things that are not there
- Bloody diarrhea
- Feeling that others can hear your thoughts or control your behavior
- Sensation of burning on the skin
- Severe mood or mental changes
- Stomach cramps
- Skin rash, itching, or redness
Which Medicines Interacts With Alevo 750 Mg?
There are a total of 456 medicines that show interactions with Levofloxacin(Alevo) that are categorised as follows:-
- 104 major drug interactions
- 300 moderate drug interactions
- 52 minor drug interactions
Here is a list of medications that frequently show interactions with Alevo(Levofloxacin) 750 Mg, such as:-
- Advair Diskus (fluticasone / salmeterol)
- Aspirin Low Strength (aspirin)
- Benadryl (diphenhydramine)
- Combivent (albuterol / ipratropium)
- Fish Oil (omega-3 polyunsaturated fatty acids)
- Lasix (furosemide)
- Lyrica (pregabalin)
- Metoprolol Succinate ER (metoprolol)
- Metoprolol Tartrate (metoprolol)
- Nexium (esomeprazole)
- Norco (acetaminophen / hydrocodone)
- Paracetamol (acetaminophen)
- ProAir HFA (albuterol)
- Symbicort (budesonide / formoterol)
- Tylenol (acetaminophen)
- Vitamin B12 (cyanocobalamin)
- Vitamin C (ascorbic acid)
- Vitamin D3 (cholecalciferol)
- Xanax (alprazolam)
- Zyrtec (cetirizine)
What Are The Diseases That Interact With Alevo 750 Mg?
Some of the diseases that show interaction with Alevo(Levofloxacin)750mg are:-
- CNS disorders
- Myasthenia gravis
- Peripheral neuropathy
- QT interval prolongation
- Renal dysfunction
What Is The Best Time Of Day To Take Levofloxacin?
Consume the drug in the dose and duration according to the doctor’s instructions. Swallow it as a whole but do not chew, crush or break it.
Consume Alevo 750mg Tablet with an empty stomach. Do not take dairy products such as milk, cheese, curd, butter, paneer, and ice cream with Alevo 750mg Tablet.
Precautions While Consuming Alevo 750 Mg
- You should not consume Alevo 750mg in case you are allergic to Levofloxacin or other tetracycline antibiotics. It also includes drugs, such as demeclocycline, minocycline, tetracycline, or tigecycline.
- To make sure Levofloxacin is safe for you, tell your doctor if you have a history of:
- Kidney disease;
- Liver disease;
- Asthma or sulfite allergy;
- Increase in pressure inside your skull
- Stop consuming the medicine in case you take isotretinoin, seizure medicine, or a blood thinner such as warfarin (Coumadin).
- In case you are consuming Alevo(Levofloxacin) for the treatment of chlamydia, the doctor may ask you to test for gonorrhea.
- Consuming this drug during pregnancy may affect tooth and bone development in the unborn baby. Taking Alevo(Levofloxacin) during the last half of pregnancy can result in permanent tooth discoloration. Consult with the doctor in such cases.
- Alevo(Levofloxacin) 750mg can make birth control pills less effective. Ask your doctor about using non-hormonal birth control (condom, diaphragm with spermicide) in order to prevent pregnancy.
- Alevo(Levofloxacin) 750mg can pass into breast milk and can affect the development of the bone and tooth in a nursing infant. The extent of absorption is unknown. Therefore, do not breastfeed while you are consuming the medicine.
- This medicine is not for the use of children. Alevo(Levofloxacin) may result in permanent yellowing or greying of the teeth in children younger than 8 years old.
- Children suffering from medical conditions, such as anthrax or Rocky Mountain spotted fever, should not consume the medicine.
What Should You Do In Case Of Accidental Overdose?
If a person is experiencing severe overdose symptoms, such as passing out, numbness, tingling, loss of coordination, or trouble breathing while using Alevo(Levofloxacin) 750mg, call 911. The U.S citizens can call their local poison control center at 1800-222-1222.
Storage Of Alevo(Levofloxacin) 750mg
Keep the medicine at room temperature below 30℃ and away from the light and moisture. Keep the medicine away from the children, and do not forget to dispose of the drug properly.