Accentrix Solution for Injection
|USA Brand Name||Lucentis|
|Manufacturer||Novartis India Ltd|
What Is Accentrix Solution?
Accentrix Solution is used for the treatment of eye diseases that occurs because of diabetes, macular degeneration, and macular swelling. It also lowers the abnormal growth and leakage of blood vessels in the eye, which is a higher risk of vision loss.
The medicine is in the form of an injection that needs to be administered directly into the eyeball. Therefore, it is strictly recommended to administer the medicine by the doctor. Never even try to self-administer the medicine.
Conjunctival hemorrhage, eye pain, eye floaters, increased intraocular pressure, and eye inflammation is some of the common side effects that may occur while injecting Accentrix Solution.
However, if these side effects occur for a longer duration, inform your doctor immediately. It is recommended not to drive after injecting the medicine as it may cause blurring vision.
What Is The Use Of Accentrix Solution?
Accentrix Solution is used for resolving many multiple medical complications, such as:-
- Diabetic eye disease: Severe diabetic patients sometimes fail to control their sugar level and consequently get severe complications, such as damage to the eyes, also known as diabetic retinopathy.
In this condition, the tiny blood vessels inside the retina get damaged. It can severely affect your vision as the retina nerves are light-sensitive tissue at the back of the eye. Accentrix Solution helps in preventing the damage caused by diabetic retinopathy and prevents the worsening of the condition.
- Wet age-related macular degeneration: It is a leading cause of blindness in Americans of age 60 years and above. Such diseases can destroy your sharp, central vision. In such cases, you will require central vision to see objects clearly, such as reading and driving.
Macula is part of the retina responsible for central vision, which gets degenerated in such conditions and causes blurry vision or blind spots in the visual field because of abnormal blood vessels causing leakage or insufficient blood flow.
Accentrix Solution helps by preventing abnormal blood vessels, leakage, or insufficient flow of blood. The medicine is in the form of an injection, which the doctor should always administer.
Who Manufactures Accentrix Solution?
Novartis India Ltd is a global healthcare company based in Switzerland that manufactures Accentrix Solution. The company provides solutions to address the evolving needs of patients worldwide.
As a science-based and patient-oriented healthcare company that strives to be a global leader in growing healthcare areas. It is inspired by patients to revolutionize the research, development, and manufacturing of innovative, high-quality medicines that help to improve and extend people’s lives.
What Is The Strength Of Accentrix Solution?
When it comes to the strength of medicine, it means the amount of chemical salt present in the medicine's unit dose. Here, Accentrix Solutions strength is 10mg/ml, which means 10mg of Ranibizumab is present in every 1ml of Accentrix.
What Are The Side Effects Of (Ranibizumab)Accentrix Solution?
Accentrix Solution usage doesn't need to cause side effects. But you may experience some of them only if you do not follow the instructions of the doctor.
Check out from the list mentioned below if you experience some of them, such as:-
- Bloody eye
- Blurred vision or loss of vision
- Decreased vision or other changes in vision
- Disturbed color perception
- Double vision
- Dry eye
- Eye pain and redness
- Feeling of having something in the eye
- Halos around lights
- Night blindness
- The overbright appearance of lights
- Pain or tenderness around the eyes
- Body aches or pain
- Chest pain
- Hoarseness, difficulty in speaking, or other voice changes
- Difficulty with breathing
- Dry mouth
- Fast, slow, or irregular heartbeat
- A general feeling of discomfort or illness
- Head congestion
- Loss of consciousness
Some of the side effects do not require medical attention, they get resolved on their own, such as:-
- Back pain
- Difficulty having a bowel movement (stool)
- Difficulty with moving
- Muscle stiffness
- Swelling or redness in the joints
Which Medicines Show Interactions With (Ranibizumab)Accentrix Solution?
There is only 1 known drug that shows interactions with Accentrix Solution, such as:-
Is There Any Diseases That Interact With (Ranibizumab) Accentrix Solution?
There are total 2 known diseases that show interactions with (Ranibizumab) Accentrix, such as:-
- Ocular infections
- Increased intraocular pressure
How To Administer Accentrix Solution?
Accentrix Solution is a high caution advised medicine and should only be injected by medical professionals. Do not take medicine on your own. Always inject the solution only with the help of doctor.
Do I Need To Take Any Safety Measures While Applying Accentrix Solution?
Here is a list of points to be kept in mind while getting treated with Accentrix Solution, such as:-
- Do not consume alcohol while getting treated with Accentrix Solution even though it does not significantly impact consumption. Do consult with the doctor about it first.
- Accentrix Solution may be unsafe for expecting women as limited information is available in this case. Hence, have a word with your doctor about this if you are in this category.
- Injecting Accentrix Solution during breastfeeding is probably considered safe. But still, if you have any confusion, do not hesitate to discuss it with your doctor.
- Accentrix Solution may cause some effects that interfere with physical activities, such as driving. Therefore, do not go for a drive after injecting Accentrix Solution.
- People with kidney and liver complications need to inject the medicine with cautions. Because of the limited information, it is better to consult with the doctor first if you fall under this condition.
What Should I Do In The Case Of Overdose Of The Accentrix Solution?
Overdose of Accentrix Solution can lead to nausea, vomiting, diarrhea, loss of appetite, and weakness. If you experience any of these frequently, seek immediate medical help. Even if you miss a dose, consult with the doctor, do not take it on your own.
How Should I Store Accentrix Solution Injection?
Keep the medicine at room temperature below 30℃, and away from the light, moisture, and children. Do not forget to dispose of the drug properly.