Abraxane 100 mg Injection
|USA Brand Name||Taxol|
|Manufacturer||Biocon Pharma, India|
What Is Abraxane 100mg Injection?
Abraxane 100mg is an anti-cancer injection used in treating health complications, such as breast cancer, non-small cell lung cancer, and pancreatic cancer. It is directly injected into the bloodstream, and thus it should only be performed by a qualified medical professional.
The dose of the injection is based on the severity and the type of medical complications. The medicine dose will change from time to time as after every dose of the medicine, the severity of the condition will differ.
The medicine may take several weeks or months to resolve your condition, but do not change the medicine dose on your own. Just like other medicine, Abraxane can also lead to unwanted side effects if consumed improperly, without thinking about the drug and disease interactions.
The medicine may lower the blood count, thereby increasing the susceptibility to infections. Therefore, regular blood tests are recommended while using Abraxane. If you have or had heart disease, liver, or kidney problems, do inform your doctor before consuming the medicine.
Who Manufactures Abraxane 100mg?
Biocon Limited is an Indian biopharmaceutical company based in Bangalore, India, that manufactures Abraxane 100mg. Kiran Mazumdar-Shaw founded the company. The company sells its product to 120 other countries globally, including the developed countries, such as the United States and Europe.
What Cancer Is Abraxane Used For?
Abraxane is a drug-containing paclitaxel used in the chemotherapy process with a protein called albumin. This chemotherapy process of treatment helps in resolving the condition by controlling the growth of uncontrolled tissues.
The following health complications involve the uncontrolled growth of cancer tissues in the respective locations:-
It is a type of cancer that occurs due to the uncontrolled growth of two types of breast tissues, such as:-
- Ductal carcinoma develops in the cells of the lining of the milk duct.
- Lobular carcinoma, uncontrolled growth of tissue in the lobules leads to lobular carcinoma. Abraxane 100mg controls the growth of these tissues preventing them from spreading.
Pancreas is a gland located behind the stomach responsible for producing enzymes for breaking down food and hormones. It also helps in controlling the sugar level in the blood.
When a cancerous tissue grows in the pancreas, it leads to pancreatic cancer. The medicine Abraxane 100mg helps by controlling the growth of these cancerous tissues. Thereby resolving the symptoms of pancreatic cancer.
Non-small Cell Lung Cancer:
In this type of cancer, the cancer tissues start to grow in the lungs. This is the leading cause of death all around the world. The medicine Abraxane 100mg helps by controlling the growth of infected tissue and spreading.
What Are The Available Strengths Of Abraxane 100mg?
The available strength of Abraxane is 100mg. It means one shot of Abraxane contains 100mg of Paclitaxel. Abraxane is available only in the same strength, the doctor may change the dose of this medicine as per the patient's severity.
Are There Any Side Effects Of Abraxane?
There are some possible side effects of Abraxane 100mg as a result of improper use of the medicine. Not following the instructions of the doctor while injecting the medicine will increase the risk of developing side effects, such as:-
Common Side Effects
- Breathlessness and pale look
- Increase risk of infection
- Bleeding gums
- Loss of hair
- Skin rash
- Numbness or tingling in the fingers
- Muscles pain
- Joint aching
- Feeling sick
- Sore mouth
- Loss of appetite
- Tiredness and weakness
- High temperature
Occasional Side Effects
- Low potassium levels in the blood
- Difficulty sleeping (insomnia)
- Taste changes
- Heart problems
- Tummy (abdominal) pain
- Nail changes
- Skin changes
- Blurred vision, dry or watery eyes
- Hot flushes
- High blood pressure
- Fluid build-up
- stuffy nose
- sore throat
- breathlessness and cough
Rare Side Effects
- Allergic reaction
- Changes in blood sugar levels
- Changes in mineral levels in the blood
- Ear problems
- Dry mouth
- Low blood pressure
- Sensitivity to sun
- Passing urine more often or pain when passing urine
- Pain at the site of your cancer
- Difficulty swallowing
- Swelling and redness at drip site
What Medicines Interact With Abraxane 100mg?
There are total known 346 drugs that interact with Abraxane 100mg, but the most frequent ones are as follows:-
- Ativan (lorazepam)
- Avastin (bevacizumab)
- Eliquis (apixaban)
- Faslodex (fulvestrant)
- Gemzar (gemcitabine)
- Neulasta (pegfilgrastim)
- Vitamin D3 (cholecalciferol)
- Zofran (ondansetron)
Which Diseases Interact With Abraxane 100mg?
4 diseases interact with Abraxane 100mg, such as:-
- Conduction disorders
- Hepatic dysfunction
- Peripheral neuropathy
How Is Abraxane 100mg Administered?
Abraxane 100mg is an anticancer medicine in the form of injection. A professional medical professional can help you inject the medicine into your body. Do not try on your own. Consult with your doctor to take medicine.
The medicine works by interacting with the microtubule structures responsible for the cancer cells to multiply and divide. As a result, this will lower the growth of cancer cells and eventually kills them.
Precautions While Consuming Abraxane 100mg
Read these points carefully before consuming the medicine, it will help you to avoid side effects:-
- The medicine is not for pregnant women or who are planning for breastfeeding. It can lead to severe adverse effects on the unborn baby. It should only be consumed in life-threatening conditions if you are pregnant.
- Some women may face irregular periods. Discuss with your doctor if you are one of them.
- People suffering from liver disease should carefully use Abraxane 100mg. Discuss this with your doctor if you have such a condition. He may alter your dose in such conditions.
- People with low vision or visual disturbances need to use this medicine carefully. It is advised to consult it with the doctor consuming it.
- The medicine may cause loss of vision, dizziness, fatigue, and tiredness. Thus, one should avoid operating any heavy machinery after taking Abraxane 100mg.
What To Do In Case Of An Overdose Of The Medicine?
If a person is experiencing severe overdose symptoms, such as passing out, numbness, tingling, loss of coordination, or trouble breathing while using Abraxane(Paclitaxel) 100mg, call 911. The citizens of the United States can call their local poison control center at 1800-222-1222.
Storage of Abraxane(Paclitaxel) 100mg
Keep the medicine at room temperature below 30℃, and away from the light and moisture. Keep the medicine away from the children, and do not forget to dispose of the drug properly.